We can give a successful resolution most quickly to incidents with a brief but thorough description of the problem. Please be prepared to describe the problem you are encountering in detail; including the following will help us aid you:
- all steps that were taking before the problem occurred, even assumed steps (e.g., I turned the device on)
- screen shots, pictures, or other graphical representations of problems or error messages where possible
- if the problem occurs when using a particular piece of software or online service, please include the name and version
- steps you have tried to resolve the problem, such as restarting the program, restarting the computer/printer, etc.
- when the issue was first noticed and if/when it has been addressed by IT staff before
- others near you who may be noticing the same issue
- any near-term deadline or event impacted by the issue.
Submitting a Support Request by Email
To submit an incident report by email, please send it to firstname.lastname@example.org. It will be processed by our ticket system, SysAid, and you will receive an automated reply indicating your email was received. We will respond within six business hours (M-F 8-12, 1-5).
Stop by the IST Office
We are in the lower level of Lohrenz (main administrative building) on the northwest end. Our hours are M-F 8-12, 1-5.
The Help Desk local extension is 1010; if calling from off-campus, call 620-947-3121 and extension 1010 at the prompt. Hours are M-F 8-12, 1-5.